"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The perk of having your mother be a youth leader...

is every once in awhile she let's you do the activity too (when she has leftover supplies.)  I think it makes up for the millions of times she's had to run to the store to pick up supplies for a fun activity or making yummy treats and not being able to partake. :-)

Today the Beehive class (ages 12 & 13) taught the activity girls (ages 8 - 11) some fun activities to do with young children. The Beehives came up with all the ideas and did a great job teaching (I love these girls!) The activity I was in charge of was making finger puppets to use when telling stories. The girls had a good time, my kids stayed out of trouble for the most part and now The Duaghter can't wait to be apart of the Activity Days group.

Here's The Daughter moments ago...so creative!

And her finished products...

 Love them!

No comments: