"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Valentine's conversation

While enjoying a "fancy" Valentine's meal with my children, I thought it would be fun to ask The Daughter a few questions to get an idea of what she thinks about all this Valentine's talk. Here are the results:

Q: What does LOVE mean? 
A: It means “I like you lots”

Q: How do you show LOVE? 
A: You show love by helping people up when they fall down and asking if they’re okay.

Q: Who do you LOVE? 
A: My family

Q: Why do we have Valentines Day? 
A: It’s to show your family that you love them.

Q: What does "Be my Valentine" mean?
A: Nothing! It's just a silly saying. 

Q: What is your favorite part about Valentine's Day? 
A: Making cards for everyone and having sweatheart sundaes.

Q: Do you know who cupid is? 
A: Ummmmm…no. Is he a reindeer?

There you have it. A seven year old's perspective on Valentine's Day. I LOVE it!

Get your own V-day Subway art from here.