"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Discovering her fashion sense...

In yet another effort to become more grown-up, The Daughter now excepts very little of my opinions when it comes to clothes. When did she turn 16?!? We never know what she'll come walking out of her room wearing in the mornings and to be honest sometimes it's really hard to not laugh. You see, we have nothing in common when it comes to clothing tastes. The more frilly & pink the better to her....me not so much.  Despite my strong opinions on what does and does not go with PINK, I'm trying to keep my thoughts to myself and enjoy this creative journey we're on.


BTW: Leg warmers have a deep emotional attachment to my childhood....they will forever be cool. :-)

3 comments:

Alli and Jason said...

I think she looks adorable. I too have to bite my tongue. There is a little girl at school that wheres tights and then MINI shorts. My girls think it is so cool. Ugh. But I stand my ground on modesty. They can get all creative as long as it is modest!

Heather said...

I'm right there with you Alli! Some of the things the kids wear to school, holy smokes! In the first grade no less. It's given us many opportunities to talk about modesty, that's for sure!

Joleen said...

She looks so grown up!
Girls are so funny. H is a little DIVA when it comes to clothes and G could care less if her pants and shirt (and underwear!!!) are even on the right way!