"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, December 8, 2008

Turkey and Stuffing Dinner

Are you still surrounded by Turkey leftovers? We are...but I'm not complaining. I purposely buy a turkey that is bigger than we need so that I can stock the freezer with diced turkey to enjoy for months to come. This is my family's most favorite dinner I make with the leftover Turkey. It's a recipe that I came across years ago and tweaked a bit over time. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Here's what you need:
1 2/3 cup hot water
1 pkg. Stove Top stuffing mix (6 oz.)
4 cups chopped cooked turkey (I also use leftover chicken in place of turkey)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (10 ¾ oz.)
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag frozen broccoli (14 oz.), thawed & drained (optional)
Poultry seasoning, Parsley, black pepper, basil or whatever fits your fancy that day.

Here's what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Add hot water to stuffing, mix in medium bowl, stirring just until moistened. Set aside.
2. Combined soup, milk, cheese, meat, broccoli & any seasonings you desire (I normally do a half a palm full of both the parsley & poultry seasoning, and a few shakes of the others.), pour into 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with prepared stuffing
3. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through. ENJOY!
Note: If you will NOT be adding in broccoli reduce pan size to an 11x7-inch pan.

2 comments:

Joleen said...

I love it....my husband the self proclaimed 'casserole hater' did not! :D

stylist to the stars said...

Looks so good and everything that I love. Thanks for a new recipe.