While some may complain of it's simplicity or of it's being over sung, "Away in the Manger" is one of my most cherished Christmas hymns. It has a way of moving me to tears as it progresses away from the humble manger scene and into a plead to always have his grace with us.
I pray that we may all strive, not only during this holiday season, but through out the coming year to become closer to the Lord so that we will be spiritually strengthened and prepared to face the challenges that will come our way.
Away in a manger, no crib for his bed.
The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head;
The stars in the heavens looked down where he lay,
The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay.
The cattle are lowing, the poor baby wakes;
But little Lord Jesus, no crying he makes.
I love thee, Lord Jesus; look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle till morning is nigh.
Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray.
Bless all the dear children in thy tender care,
And fit us for heaven to live with thee there.
What is your favorite Christmas song?
3 comments:
I love Christmas music. I could listen 24-7.
I love all of those classic Christmas kid songs. I love to listen to the kids sing.
I love the simplicity of Away in A Manger. Samuel loves the "Asleep, Asleep" version:)
I would have to say one of my all time favs is "O Holy Night"
My favorite is O Come All Ye Faithful. I still want to walk in time to the beat. It was our processional song as we walked into the auditorium for the Christmas Choir concert every year....fun times!
Post a Comment