We brought home Baby Girl. Felt wonderful to be home and have all my family under the same roof again. I sure missed my kiddos while in the hospital.
Baby Girl meet her closest cousin. Hard to believe they're'only 5 month apart. Isn't he the cutest chunky monkey ever?!? Seriously love him!
When will the swelling go away? I haven't had ankles in months...
Baby Girl had her first bath with the help of her big sister.
I fought some major nausea for most of the month. It was a good day if I could keep down toast for the first two weeks postpartum. Way frustrating especially since I had already completed that phase way back in the first trimester. It was no fun!
Randy taught The Daughter to play Chess in the evenings and was knocking the socks off everyone she challenged.
We had a several hour power outage one evening so we dusted off the board games. Randy & I played Monopoly late into the evening and had a blast! Wow, I think that's the first time I've ever used the words Monopoly & Blast together in a sentence... Am I getting old?
After two weeks they are still very much in love with her! Hooray!
3 yellow jacket stings + a large dose of Benedryl = one sad little boy. That trip to the river didn't turn out as planned. Poor guy!
Our Baby Girl was not doing well. By week two she had lost a pound & half, was projectile vomiting like nothing I'd seen before & was having weird coughing/stop breath episodes. She had her first ultrasound at two weeks where they discovered things where not flowing correctly through her pyloric valve (it was barely opening) & she would more than likely need surgery ASAP. Our Pediatrician recommended repeating the ultrasound a week later to see if it was better or worse. She mentioned she had a feeling we needed to wait a week but wasn't sure why. We repeated the ultrasound & found that the valve was opening much more than before and was now considered with in normal range & her symptoms where getting more mild. Surgery for the next day was called off. Everyone was stunned.
This Kiddo said she had a headache, next thing I know she had slept the entire day away and was running a high fever. Poor Kiddo! After a really crummy feeling weekend she was back to her normal self.
We harvested our first Tomatoes of the season. Yummy! Only half of our plants produced this year, it was weird.
Baby Girl had more blood work done. She's not a fan.
We have FamLee close again! So excited to have Robbie & Sienna home from school. We sure missed them while they where gone. The house has felt pretty empty the past several months.
A common interaction between the two. He's all up in her space, super excited to see her and she's not sure what to make of it.
And there was a lot of crying. Baby Girl would cry pretty much non stop from mid afternoon until late evening every single day. It was exhausting... and frustrating... and more exhausting.
A classic Summer activity. The Daughter & BFF had a blast out in the blistering sun selling refreshing ice cold lemonade. And they even made a profit!

















1 comment:
Oh Heather. July sounds awful. I am so so sorry that you were nauseous after pregnancy. What a crime! Seriously! I hope things with baby girl are looking up.
Post a Comment