We're EXPECTING! We've know for quite sometime yet I'm just now announcing to the world. Why you wonder? Well, it all comes down to fears/worries/anxiety. With having multiple miscarriages in the past few years, I've been living in a constant state of anxiety over the knowledge that our family wasn't complete, yet everything we've done to complete it hasn't worked out. It wasn't until just this week that I've had an epiphany, if you will. I've been scared to tell people in fear that we would lose this baby too, and I would have to untell people. I honestly didn't know if I could do that again. It was to the point that I wasn't even mentioning it in my prayers, ridiculous I know. It occurred to me over and over again that I needed to talk to someone and I needed to start with my Heavenly Father. I did just that, I let out all my fears and concerns and even a few tears to him. It was instantly healing. Looking back I feel so dumb for not utilizing the gift of prayer sooner. It's something I've had this whole time and had chosen not to put to use. Something so simple that it only took minutes out of my day has completely changed my outlook. I have been given another chance to carry a very precious gift and I'm hopeful we will welcome him or her into our family this June.
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "
~Gordon B. Hinckley
~Gordon B. Hinckley
Sunday, February 5, 2012
NEWS FLASH!
We're EXPECTING! We've know for quite sometime yet I'm just now announcing to the world. Why you wonder? Well, it all comes down to fears/worries/anxiety. With having multiple miscarriages in the past few years, I've been living in a constant state of anxiety over the knowledge that our family wasn't complete, yet everything we've done to complete it hasn't worked out. It wasn't until just this week that I've had an epiphany, if you will. I've been scared to tell people in fear that we would lose this baby too, and I would have to untell people. I honestly didn't know if I could do that again. It was to the point that I wasn't even mentioning it in my prayers, ridiculous I know. It occurred to me over and over again that I needed to talk to someone and I needed to start with my Heavenly Father. I did just that, I let out all my fears and concerns and even a few tears to him. It was instantly healing. Looking back I feel so dumb for not utilizing the gift of prayer sooner. It's something I've had this whole time and had chosen not to put to use. Something so simple that it only took minutes out of my day has completely changed my outlook. I have been given another chance to carry a very precious gift and I'm hopeful we will welcome him or her into our family this June.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I've been looking for a sewing machine and fabric. Apparently sewing isn't a favored pasttime in Jena, Germany. Maybe more on the West of the country. I'll keep looking. I so want to make this little one a quilt!!
You are so strong Heather and I am grateful that you have shared your experience. I love you and am excited to be an AUNTIE.. again!!! <3
That is super exciting! You are a great mom! Congratulations! (By the way, I'm excited to read your blog. =)
Hooray!!! So glad you are doing well! ♥ u & miss u!
no wonder you are looking so radiant and glowing in your new fb profile pic : ) congrats friend!!
congrats! We're so excited for you! I hope you're feeling well and everything continues smoothly.
So wonderful for you and your family. Im so happy for you all. Congrats.
Post a Comment