"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hot Chocolate is always better with....

Marshmallows!

My Daughter loves to feed my desire to try things new by randomly asking if I thought I could make ____. She totally knows that I'll try most anything. So this weekend's question of my ability to make homemade marshmallows wasn't too out of the ordinary. I'd never heard of making them before but I thought, Why not?! It can't be that hard, right? So with the help of the internet and awesome bloggers, we gave it a shot.

The Result...fluffy cubes of deliciousness. Seriously, I don't like store bought marshmallows one bit but these are great! We favored ours with Peppermint extract and have been drinking hot chocolate by the gallon ever since. These babies wont be lasting long around here!


What to try it for yourself? Here's the link: Homemade Marshmallows. Gotta love the creative ladies at Our Best Bites. Many of their recipes are regulars at our house. ;-)

2 comments:

Gosfam said...

I made some homemade marshmallows a while back too. They are yummy.

Joleen said...

Sounds good! If only I had the time/energy to make something like that...