"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's official, summer is over.

School starts this morning. With mixed emotion I'll be wishing The Daughter luck on her first day as a full fledged 1st grader in just a few short minutes. I'm super excited to hear about the things she will learn and the fun she will have yet sad that she's leaving. I really enjoy having her around.

So in memory of our summer together, I thought I'd reflect on a some of the fond memories we have of the season.

Wearing swim suits all day long,
Making countless play dough creations,
Teaching the art of mud pie making to the tots,
Watching WAY too many movies,
Playing well together,Soaking up way too much chlorine,Letting our imaginations run wild in the backyard for hours on end,Playing with cousins,Traveling (Salt Lake, St. George, Disneyland, visiting friends)and even enjoyed some lazy summer days!

It's been a good summer. We've done a lot together. As much as I long for it to continue, I can feel the change coming. The cool crisp air in the morning tells me it's time to create fall memories now. :)

No comments: