"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Grilled Cheese Portal

Do you ever sit down to a meal and are suddenly taken back in time? No matter how many times you've consumed said meal it still takes you back to the same memory? Well I do. Songs & food they all have memories attached.

I've spent my whole life consuming grill cheese sandwiches yet for some reason I always recall the fond memory of having lunch with my husband shortly after he had been laid off. Enjoying a simple meal & a TV show together while the little man napped and the Daughter was a school. Nothing fancy. Just a happy memory of spending uninterrupted time with my hubby during a stressful phase of our life together. Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face. :)

Speaking of grilled cheese, how do you eat yours? Do you dip it? If so in what?

3 comments:

Alli Blue said...

My grilled cheese sammies do not look like that.....but I wish they did!

Val said...

Tomato soup, yummm.

Katy said...

That sandwich looks so yummy!