"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cutting back on the...TV


Yes...you read right, with the lack of time and the pressures that it creates, I'm cutting out the endless list of shows that I once watched religiously. Let's face it, I'm a TV junkie. No longer will I spend every free moment playing catch up to only find the DVR overflowing the next day.
Here's to hoping that: 1) I'll stick with it, 2) that I'll get more done when I'm actually home, and 3) that this will be a good move for all of us (I've put Randy on a bit of a cut back also.)

Here's the big shocker: We're even considering shutting off the Satellite service.........WHAT?!

4 comments:

Alli Blue said...

We don't have cable. I watch 1/8 the amount of tv I used to. Now why does the laundry still pile up????????? :)

Gosfam said...

We don't have satelite, cable, NOTHING!! We do watch a few shows online that we really like, but I only watch TV with Matt when he is home. I do get WAY more done, and WAY more time with the kiddos. Good Luck it is doable.

Joleen said...

You can do it!!!!

I LOVE not having cable!! I watch a few shows, but if I miss them....oh well!!

stylist to the stars said...

You crazy woman. You can't take away cable. Isn't it the end all and be all of life? That's what Ry and I live for :)LOL

BTW do you want to see that movie tomorrow night?