Random Thoughts swirling around my mind on a Thursday evening...
* Girls Camp is in 4 days. Yeah! EEk! Everyday we discover something else that needs done. I will be spending the weekend making & freezing cookies, brownie, and the main meals with the help of my awesome presidency. Sometime this weekend I should probably pack myself too. I look forward to experiencing camp with our girls but even more looking forward to having my summer back...is that wrong?!
*Some people create drama, no matter their age, wherever they go. Have you noticed that? Girls Camp seems to be intensifying the crazy...
*Swimming lessons...totally worth it for The Daughter this year. The past few summers' lessons have been painfully miserable for all involved. But not this year... she is taking major leaps and bounds, pushing herself more and more each day. We've got a fish on our hands. Proud Mama doesn't even begin to describe what I feel.
* My son has been dealing with some major developmental delays for quite some time. It's hard to watch. Some days, it takes every bit of my patients to be the best mom I can be and help him navigate the daily routine. As much as I know not to compare him to others his age, at times it gets the best of me. On those days, I fight back tears. Until out of no where he gives me a big slobbery kiss and goes on to do a something with out a prompt and with great pride. Then I cry harder, not out of pity or jealousy but because of the sudden reminder of how truly blessed I am. For a reason only Heavenly father knows, he has trusted me with the care of this very special child and knows that he will teach me just as much as I will teach him.
* When did we transition from being the young couple with a new baby to an established family? I like to think I'm not old enough for this business, yet some how we are...How do we slow down time?
*A team of Speech-Pathologists have decided my son has an oral motor mapping disorder, called Apraxia. This is only the beginning and doesn't magically fix things however it lends a clearer picture. Luckily with therapy and lots of repetition they believe he can learn speech motor plans and one day be communicating like no other. When....no one knows. This leaves me with mixed emotions, glad we can better understand his frustration and anger yet sad that after two years of therapy and constant work at home we are still very far from the finish line...it's such a long road. One I will willingly continue down along side my son forever. He is totally worth it.
Lots going on, Lots to be thankful for.
3 comments:
Heather, you are one busy, and totally amazing woman!!! Good luck with all things camp. And we hope your little man the best in his therapy! We love you and miss you!!!
I know what you mean about drama before camp! we are going through the same thing in our ward. Also, keep patience with speech therapy! It took a couple years of therapy for us to see a difference in Zane's speech. Keep it fun, keep modeling for him at home and he will do great! One day you will look back and be amazed at his progress.
I second what Kris said. Mason was a very angry and frustated toddler!!! It made me so sad to hear the comments about his behavior because I knew he was just angry he couldn't communicate! It does get better but I feel for your pain. Hang in there, you're doing great! I truely believe the right speech teacher can make all the difference!!
Post a Comment