"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A time out break through!

He's two and you know what that means, right? Head strong, tantrums and hitting which all cause him to go straight to TIME OUT. Time out's a great idea, except for the part where he doesn't stay in the designated corner for more than a few seconds at best. I was getting a work out running him back and restarting the time every other second. It always felt like time out was going to last forever!
That was until out of pure desperation, I did this:I put him in a basket in the corner and guess what? He stayed there! Now he has a defined time out spot and things are going SO much better and (knock on wood) to top it off he's been going to time out less! He tends to even choose to say in the basket for many more minutes after the timer has beeped not because he hasn't calmed down but because he simply what's to sit in the basket more. This basket has magical powers. :)

1 comment: