"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, February 18, 2010

An amazing sugar cookie recipe

I just have to share this recipe with you all. It delicious, easy, versatile, and did I mention delicious?!

Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies

1½ C sugar
1 C butter (softened)
1 8oz pkg cream cheese (softened)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp almond extract
3½ C flour
1 tsp baking powder

In a mixing bowl cream sugar, butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
Add egg and flavorings, beat smooth.
Stir together the flour and baking powder, add to creamed mixture and mix thoroughly.

{FOR CUT-OUT COOKIES}

Chill dough. Roll out on surface dusted with a mixture of ½ powered sugar and ½ flour, ¼ to ½ inch thick depending on your preference. Cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased cookie sheet ( I line with parchment paper) and bake in a 375° oven 8-9 minutes. Watch for the edges to just barely begin to brown. Cool and frost.

{FOR COOKIE PRESS COOKIES}

Divide dough into portions. Force through cookie press onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in a 375° oven 8-10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack. Before baking brush with slightly beaten egg white and sprinkle with colored sprinkles if desired.

{FOR COOKIE BARS}

Roll out in a Pampered Chef bar pan (a jelly roll pan will also work. Watch closely to prevent over cooking.) Bake in a 350° oven for 30 - 40 minutes.

{FROSTING}

Got leftover frosting in the frig? Heat in the microwave for 10-20 seconds until it becomes soupy (be careful to not burn it.) Add food coloring, if desired. Dip cookies face down in the melted frosting and allow to dry on wax paper. As simple as that!

OR

Mix a lot of Powdered sugar, a little bit of milk, and a splash of vanilla together until you get the perfect glaze. (Sorry for the lack of measurements, I just eyeball it.). Depending on how thick you make it; You can dip the cookies face down and allow to dry on wax paper or spread with a knife on each cookie.

Now go try it out, I promise you will love them. This recipe (and many others) are the reason I have been losing the weight loss challenge. :)


3 comments:

Joleen said...

Sounds DELISH!!!!

Alli Blue said...

I'm with Joleen! I have a trusty recipe but I am GOING to try this one! Thanks babe! Hope you are well!

Alli Blue said...

PS.... I have been commenting on your posts, but there is always an error! Not sure why! So while I know this works, Good girl Annie! What a sweetheart! :)