"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 31, 2009

A getaway with the Hubby

In the past almost 6 years of being parents, Randy & I have never gone on an overnight trip TOGETHER without at least one of the rug rats in tow...that was until this weekend!
Thanks to great parents-in-laws who volunteered to watch the kiddos and a Fabulous husband who organized/planned everything on his own, Randy & I celebrated 8 YEARS of MARRIAGE in Portland.
Here are a few pics from our quick, yet relaxing weekend:

Driving through a Forest Fire, no jokeShopping at IKEA
After doing a session at the Portland Temple
Sporting our new fancy shoes, off to do some mall shopping!
Dinner at The Cheesecake Factory
Red Velvet Cake (Love) + White Chocolate Cheesecake (Heaven) = The best dessert EVERY!(photo courtesy of their website)

We had a blast together, talking nonstop, and can't wait to do it again soon.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY RANDY!

3 comments:

Gosfam said...

Oh HOW FUN!! We are the same way going 7yrs without an overnight giveaway. We have one planned for a weekend in September to Seattle so i am very excited!!

Becky said...

Sounds like you had a great time!!! Alex and I love to get away to Portland. We haven't done that in a LONG time. :)

Joleen said...

Happy Anniversary! I want to do that with my hubby very soon! Maybe for my birthday?!?