"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, February 2, 2009

Tutu fun!

Since the daughter got real ballet shoes and leotard for Christmas, she has been dancing around the house non stop. The only problem; No ballerina is complete without a tutu.

Here's how we solved the problem:

Cut tulle that daughter has picked out into 3" strips.COOL TIP: Did you know the easiest way to cut tulle is to roll it up and then using a ruler cut every 3" (or whatever width you need). Seriously, try it. You will not be pulling your hair out attempting to cut straight ever again!

Tie Tulle on to pretty ribbon (or elastic if you have some)That's it, you're done. Now you're ready to be entertained for hours.I meant it, she really does wear it for hours.

7 comments:

RedWarthen said...

Cute Girl! Ingenious mother!

mindsers said...

That is the cutest ballerina I've ever seen! :)

stylist to the stars said...

So so cute. Maybe you can make me one for Alli while you are here :) HA HA

Lucas said...

I love it! You are so talented. I will never forget that!

Sarah said...

Wow! You are amazing! She is an adorable dancer!

Joleen said...

Hey....come leave me a comment on my latest blog post and you'll win a prize! :D Please...apparently no one loves me!

Alli Blue said...

You are SUCH A GREAT MOM! Very cute! I am sorry to hear about Randy's job. We have been there. Let me know if I can ever do anything! Even if it's meeting at the dragon park!