"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, December 31, 2012

November in Review

 We started off the month with Randy & I visiting the dentist for our annual exams (which were long, long over due). Yes, the morning after Halloween. Did it stop the candy consumption?  Not in the least. Baby Girl was great company at my appointment although the ladies couldn't seem to focus with her there. My appointment took forever because all they wanted to do was play with her.

Randy woke up not feeling well and went from not feeling well to in the hospital in a matter of hours. They diagnosed him with a bacterial infection that had gone septic. He was in and out of consciousness and very sick. Scary. Our plans to leaves that evening to go to the Boise Temple open house & visit friends were canceled and all my efforts went into taking care of my sick hubby and holding down the fort & kiddos.

The Little Man mastered pouring his own beverages (with out spilling most of the time) and is drinking lemonade by the gallon. We may need to buy some stock in Crystal Light.

Randy got worse not better in the days after being sent home and wound up back in the hospital. We had a lot of really long nights and very little sleep.

Winter arrived overnight. Burr! Time to start scrapping the windows in the mornings.

Look who's sitting up and doing a little better! Ready to try eating something for the first time in a week. They talked about sending him home in the next day or so if he kept making great improvements. He was so ready to be better and I was very much ready to have him home and better too.

The Daughter started learning to play the cello. So far it's going well & she is really enjoying it.

Baby Girl visited her Daddy at the hospital and was so happy to snuggle with him before heading off to her next playdate. We were so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family taking care of our kiddos and bring in meals during all this crazy so I could be by my hubby's side.  I will forever be grateful for the love that was shown to us. 

And as you can see he didn't lose his humor through all of this...

Finally home, his first order of business, cuddle with The Little Man and enjoy a little Star Wars. He didn't even made it through the first 5 minutes before he was sound asleep. Coming home is exhausting. He slept a lot the first few days home, tired easily and had lots of doctors appointments. 

The Daughter celebrated her 9th Birthday by having a rolling time at the Bowling Alley with her good friends.  

I can't believe she's 9 years old already!?! What a beautiful, kind girl she is. We are so blessed to have her in our famLee. 

There's always work to be done around the house. Luckily I have a cute helper to add some fun to the chores. The kiddos were very sad when I bagged up all the leaves. They had a blast playing in the leaf pile for days especially with Uncle Robbie.

This man rocks my world. He really does and I'm so glad he is feeling better.

I may have underestimated the amount of groceries I needed for thanksgiving. Baby Girl was not thrilled with my poor planning. Sorry about that...

Thanksgiving was wonderful. We hosted my family this year and had a great time hanging out and enjoying delicious food. Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday.

The tree went up the day after Thanksgiving. It wasn't even up a day before The Little Man had his trains set up under it. He was so thrilled with himself.

Randy & I celebrated our 10 year temple Anniversary by doing a session and going out to dinner while our kiddos had a blast with Aunt Laurel and cousin Alana. Actually, I think blast is an understatement. They still talk about all the fun they had. It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since we were sealed together for time and all eternity. What a blessing it as been!

Two cute sisters hanging out after church.

Gas prices are finally dropping! I was able to fill up the van for less than $60!!!!

Baby Girl turned 5 months old and can sit up on her own (with the assistance of some strong arms) for a short period of time.

Shirley, the elf, returned for the Christmas season at our house. We're looking forward to our many Christmas traditions.

What a month! I started to type " I hated this month" but as I've looked back on it I see lots of good little moments in between the hard times. It was one filled with so much stress yet so many blessings.  I am so very grateful for the wonderful friends and family that we have and especially for our loving Heavenly Father that helped us find the strength to endure the challenges we faced and provided direction to us. What a blessing the knowledge of the gospel is.

2 comments:

Val said...

Another great review, Heather. Wow, what a month you had! When I looked at the last picture, I thought you were reading to the two big kids and a doll - then when I looked closer I realized it was our living doll!!

KT said...

you guys sure had a rough year health wise. I am so glad that the husband is doing better. You didn't mention any baby drama, so I hope that means little miss is starting to feel better too.

I hope you had a great Christmas!