"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, April 27, 2012

Wooten 2012

Another awesome week of teaching at Camp Wooten with our school's 5th graders has come and gone again. We had an unusually small group of kids this year making for a much more laid back schedule and the chance to get to know more students. A nice change of pace. 

The Compass class team. As always we had super duper T.A.'s helping to make sure that all our students returned from their trekking. It takes many people to make this class go smoothly.  Thanks guys for all of your help!


The WOW (Women of Wooten)...a force to be reckoned with.

My sister & I.  I really enjoyed working with her this year. she's really starting to step out of her shell and learning to lead. It's been a fun process to witness & was super helpful this year.

Our some what smaller staff...less kids = less staff. As always, a great team to work with. They make the week a blast.

Lastly, Me, My Mom & Sister...it's always nice to have family around.

Now that the inventory has been completed, things have been packed away, and notes for next year have been made, it's time to enjoy a few months off before we start prepping again.... :)

A HUGE thanks goes out to Randy for playing Mr.Mom while I was gone. He did an awesome job running kids around and holding down the fort. I know it's not an easy week for him and I appreciate all that he so willingly did. Love ya, Ran!

1 comment:

Val said...

LOVE the update and pics. Thanks for sharing!!