"A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow.
Last year I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January – a word that I can focus on, meditate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life.
It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother’s word or your spouse’s word or your child’s word – this is YOUR word."
I LOVE the simplicity of making my goal to apply this one little word to all I do rather than creating a long list of good intentions that I will more than likely forget by February. So this year I'm jumping on the bandwagon and have spent the last week reflecting on my worries/concerns/challenges for the coming year and have come to a decision.
My word for this the of year 2012 will be....
(image from Kerri Bradford)
It feels good, it feels do able, it feels like just what I needed. :)

1 comment:
Great word!! I've chosen Organize! There's so many things that I need to organize this year!
Post a Comment