"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Summer road trips + A Temple Hunt.

The kids & I had the pleasure of taking a couple road trip this past summer. Every time I travel, I'm overwhelmed with the beauty of our country. Seriously, look around as you travel from place to place. You will be amazed with the vast beauty that surrounds you. 

One of those trips was down to Rexburg to help celebrate my Brother-in-law, Richie's, Graduation from BYU-Idaho. We are so very proud of him! Like every trip, it was over quickly and before we know it we where back on the road heading home. To make some fun of a long drive home we stop at all the temple on our way from Rexburg to home. There are four, each very different yet beautiful. We are so blessed to leave in an area with so many temple so close. The Daughter enjoy trying to spot them and we had a great time walking around each one's grounds and taking a photos. The Little Man loved the Idaho Falls Temple. He was more interested in the large equipment on the grounds due to the renovations that this temple was undergoing but still found joy in the beauty also. It was a great way to break up the trip and add be able to add to the list of temples we've seen.


In addition to stopping to seeing temples, we also got to stop and visit my Bestie, Joleen! oh, how I miss her and her fam!  It was so nice to hang out and catch up. Sadly, we don't see each other very often now that we live in different states. :(

1 comment:

Joleen said...

THANK YOU for making the time (twice) to stop and see me! I miss you to pieces, though I don't call nearly often enough!!!!
Love & hugs!!!