"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's back to school time...

The supplies have been purchased, the backpacks packed, we are ready to kickoff another wonderful school year!

Here's The Daughter ready to go.

And inline ready to get the day started!

Heading off to The Daughter's second day and The Little Man ready for his first day of preschool.

He's so excited to get back to school and riding the school bus...in fact, he was almost too excited to stop for a picture. :)


As excited as the kids are for school, I find myself with mixed emotions when it comes to them going off to school. I'm excited for them to put the things that we've taught to good test and hear about all of their adventures that they will have yet I've found myself missing them the past couple of days. I really love being with my kids. I didn't get sick of them and they didn't get sick of me (while maybe they did a little bit.) Sadly, summer can't last forever. Time to get back to all the tasks that have been put on the back burner while we celebrated summer and start finding the joy in this moment. :)

No comments: