"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "

~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cool Desert Nights

I come from a long line of car fanatics. We can't help but drool over REALLY cool cars. As part of our love of cars, it's tradition to attend the local Classic car show Cool Desert Nights held here in town.

The one and only picture I got before the battery died...ugh!
The daughter spend majority of the time covering her ears and cringing (she is very sensitive to noise) while the son clapped harder and smiled bigger the louder the cars were. Funny kids!

While attending I discovered something that I didn't know I'd missed...the smell of cars. Exhaust, burning oil, clutches being smoked, petroleum products...my childhood and years of working in the shop are flooding back to me. Is that strange?

Good times...... : )

No comments: